Biography: Snow Day In

Snow Day In

The snow seemed so tall like a blanket that covered our four acres completely. I always thought it was so beautiful to see how the snow covered the ground completely and topped the trees making our green pine trees stand out even more in color.
My mom in the kitchen making " chocolate Abuelita" which is the hot chocolate she would make. We could never remember the name of the actual hot chocolate so we would call it that because it had a picture of an older woman on it hence the name "  chocolate Abuelita." The smell filled the house and my siblings and I waited for our warm mug filled with the hot chocolate.
We all then decided to play games as a family. We all went into our living room and sat on our ugly green carpet and pulled out the game we were all competitive at; uno. My heart was so happy to have my family around me. As I kid I learned to appreciate all the moments we all shared together because my parents worked so much and my siblings were older than I was.  I don't remember who won or lost I just remember the endless laughs and feelings of happiness. It was one of those nights as a kid where sleeping came to soon to ruin the fun.
Once it was late to where my parents went to bed and I thought all the fun was over my sister came to me and whispered: " Go get ready because once my parents are asleep were gonna go have a snowball fight."
I excitedly searched for my clothes, hat, and mittens and we patiently waited to hear my dad's snore. Once we assure they were asleep we snuck outside. I ran like if I could never get tired and we played as if it wasn't freezing outside. Not one snowball hurt just made us all laugh more. My favorite part was sledding with my sister and brother down the hill next to our house trying to keep our excitement and laughs quietly to not wake the neighbors. Once we all went inside knowing we couldn't stay out much longer we all went to our warm bed. As I lay there I couldn't sleep thinking about the fun-filled day I had and how much I couldn't wait for the next snow day.

 Authors Note : One of my favorite memories as a kid was when it would snow and no one could leave the house. My family and I lived in a small town called Pauls valley. Although it was a small town it had its charm to it. I loved growing up there because my family and I had a house in the country. When it would snow the country roads were too dangerous to drive on so my whole family would stay home and relax. With no school and no work, we would play games all day and have fun. These days are some of the most precious memories I have.

Snow day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Em's Introduction

Week 7:Tar Baby Wins