Em's take take on the Growth Mindset

First I would like to start with the concept of the Growth Mindset is Unfamiliar to me but I really liked the idea of it. I came from a school where you always labeled and classified under certain ranges based on your academic accomplishments. Nothing felt worse to me was when I received a bad letter grade and I would remember feeling disheartened and even gave up on learning some of the material all together because I wasn't good enough. I eventually had to learn it but still, it affected me in a way that made me label my self as not good enough in that subject and it followed me through my academic career. The feeling of being dumb or stupid made me not want to work on that subject but completely ignore it and it hindered me because it was a subject that is important for everyday life. I think that if maybe I took the not yet approach mindset I probably would have pushed harder to get better. I think I would like to push myself to think like that because it is an excellent approach on life in different aspects. I cant wait to see the outcome!
quote

Comments

  1. I agree with you that academic standards are unfair to students by biasing academic achievements towards students with higher grades. Personally, whenever I received a bad grade, I felt terrible and unmotivated. It was always in the back of my mind that I had failed. However, incorporating a growth mindset allows me to reflect on my mistakes and learn from them to better myself. I urge you to continue pushing through with your academic studies and always think positively on what you haven't achieved yet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Em's Introduction

Week 7:Tar Baby Wins