El Salvador, my favorite place

El Salvador has always and will always be a special place in my life. I chose El Salvador because my parents were both born there and it defined so much of their life and mine as well. I visited El Salvador when I was eight and then again when I was 18. El Salvador is known to have many people living in poverty and it stuck with me in both visits to appreciate everything I have in my life. In both visits, i realized what my parents gave up and went through to give my siblings and me a better. They also taught us through these visits that helping less fortunate is important. El Salvador taught me important life lessons that will stay with me always and also taught me more about my culture as well.
A street in San Miguel where my father is from. This is how typical streets look like in city areas of El Salvador.
 The streets were beautiful to walk through because most of the buildings were colorful and had thier own charm to them.
A house from a impoverished neighborhood in El Salvador.

 The most impactful portion of the trips was always getting the opportunity to help or give to the most impoverished neighborhoods. The picture above shows how houses of the impoverished neighborhood look like. The houses are usually falling apart, have roofs that are rusted, and have patches. My most memorable experience was visiting a family. The family lived off of what they could grow or sell and they had no chairs or tables so they sat on bricks to eat. The family had a young boy who was so grateful just to be able to sit on a chair to eat and to be able to eat chicken was a big treat for them. I wont ever forget that and I  hope to return and to keep helping people like my parents have shown me.

Comments

  1. I was so excited to see El Salvador on the list of places this semester, Emily: I think you are the first person who has brought a view of El Salvador to this class! I don't have a book in the Freebookapalooza with legends of El Salvador, but that is the kind of topic you can research online (for example: MYTHS & LEGENDS OF EL SALVADOR). Maybe you will want to do an El Salvador project for this class; that would be so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the idea! I would definitely consider it! :) El Salvador has always been so important in my life and I am glad it interested you as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Em's Introduction

Week 7:Tar Baby Wins