Em's favorite Storybooks




Disney world

The first one I came across was The fairy tale world. I am familiar with the fairy tale characters and their stories, but it was an interesting twist on merging them into a reality tv show! The title did tell us enough about the storybook without giving away the twist. When I first came across it I assumed it was about fairy tales with maybe a modern twist. When I read the introduction I didn’t realize it was about putting different fairytales in modern times but having them all live together and seeing their take on the difference between the fairytale world and the actual world, the modern times, and their reactions towards each of the other characters. The introduction does an excellent way of explaining the storyline. The writer made the introduction seem like some type of announcement for the reality tv series explaining that it will consist of fairytales being conjured into real modern time and that these characters will be living together and the situations they might face. It also goes through brief summaries of each character and the struggles they might come across to entice the reader to keep up with the show. The layout is very simple but perfect to explain the story. In my opinion, the design and layout of the page make it flow very well with the storybook. The introduction didn’t really use a lot of images and just mostly tried to capture the attention of the reader with words. I think that’s something I would probably end up doing. Sometimes simple can be good! 
Hera

 This storybook was so interesting and creative to me! It was hard to choose which one overall was my favorite but this one just may take the lead. It may be because of my bias towards mythology, specifically toward the greek gods. The title, Cupid On Trial, immediately captured my attention. I think it did an excellent job of describing the storybook. The introduction was excellent! It was an interesting take on how the protagonist is upset for cupid once again failing him to find love and that's when he turns on the tv only to find that cupid is on trial. The introduction goes on to explain what mythological characters play as the defense, jury, judge, witnesses, and prosecution. It also entices the reader giving a little bit of information on the trial and tells the reader to stay tuned to find out more about the outcome of cupids trial. The overall design was simple but flowed well! I liked how they used stars in the background which gives more of the mythology feels to the design. They also included pictures of the different gods that are part of the story. 
Alice and the caterpillar  

 This one definitely made it hard to choose between my favorite of the three I chose in this blog post. I really liked the title It's All In Your Head, Alice because it gave enough to interest the reader and it showed that it might be able to explain the bizarre tale of Alice in the wonderland. The introduction was a very creative take in my opinion. The writer made it from the perspective of a doctor who is helping Alice with her multiple personality disorder and goes through explaining Alice's current state and her observations of her visits. In each visit, she encounters one of Alice's different personalities and describes her encounters with them. I think this writer set up was my favorite! I could tell they really tried to keep the theme in their design even in their, design. Even doctor rose who is treating Alice was modeled by the white rose in the movie. For each character, the writer put in pictures of them which gave a nice touch to tie everything together. Overall great job and very interesting!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Em's Introduction

Week 7:Tar Baby Wins