Topic Brainstorm

1.) Women in Piracy
 My first topic is women in Priacy. I don't know if I would like to pick a specific person or talk about different women. If I do go into detail about a specific person I might layout my storybook like a diary. I really liked this idea because I don't really hear a lot about women who became successful pirates and I think it would be a fun project! I was specifically interested in Jacquotte Delahaye. A woman pirate who faked her own death and disguised herself as a man. She eventually led many men in her pirate voyages.
Here is a link that has information on  Jacquotte Delahaye and women in piracy: 
Jacquotte Delahaye
Women in Piracy 
 
Woman pirate

2.) The Grim Brothers
The Grimm brothers' stories have always been my favorite since I could remember. There is a lot of interesting stories that I could use as well.  I thought about maybe writing as the grim brothers and their encounter with different characters. I could even switch it up and write about the character's side of the stories and their encounter meeting the Grimm brothers or maybe even their thoughts on how their stories were portrayed.  I think I would like to include the characters Rumpelstiltskin, The Little Red Cap, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Rapunzel, The Frog Prince, and Sleeping Beauty. There are too many good ones to decide!
Here are links to information on the Grimm brothers themselves and another to their various stories:
The Brothers Grimm
The Brothers Grimm Stories 
Rumpelstiltskin  
Red Cap
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Rapunzel
Sleeping Beauty
The Frog Prince
 

3.) Mermaids of the World 
Mermaids are so fascinating and I never realized there are different kinds. I think for this storybook my approach would be having the different forms of mermaids and explaining their nature and how they. Bringing with them the personalities that I think they would most likely have. I could possibly even dive into trying to find some famous types of mermaids that were in some myths or stories and include them.
Here is a link to different mermaids of the world and where they come from.
Mermaids


4.) El Salvador Legends  
I would probably have to say this is the one I'm leaning towards the most. My family is from El Salvador and I grew up on most of the legends from there. My father even says he had an encounter with El Cipito so I definitely would somehow like to include that encounter within my storybook! My approach for this one is to give character and personality to each urban legend character maybe. I was thinking of having a character try to purposely explore the legends and myths of El Salvador and write about his or her encounter with each of them. Thank you, Professor Gibbs, for this amazing idea!
La Llorona


Here is a link to a website with various legends and myths of El Salvador.
El Salvador Legends 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Em's Introduction

Week 7:Tar Baby Wins